Defective Highway Design
Experienced, Dedicated Louisiana Highway Crash AttorneysMedia attention to our deteriorating infrastructure across the United States — with roads and streets in disrepair, unsafe bridges and construction projects on hold for financing — is extremely relevant for Louisiana citizens and visitors. Upon investigation, many serious roadway accidents are attributed not solely to driver errors or negligence but to fundamentally unsafe roadways.
Motor vehicle accidents that cause life-changing injuries and tragic fatalities demand a serious and thorough investigation. When a highway design or maintenance issue arises as a possible cause, the case is very likely to require professional accident reconstruction, expert engineering testimony and the utmost in litigation skills.
Was Your Serious Accident Caused by Defective Road Design or Construction?At Dodson & Hooks, APLC, our Baton Rouge highway accident attorneys have the knowledge and resources to aggressively pursue your case involving defective conditions such as:
- Inadequate or improper warning signs and other roadway signage
- Fundamentally unsafe highway curves, grades and inclines
- The lack of necessary guardrails or other safety barriers
- Improperly posted or managed construction zones
- Paving defects including massive potholes that can cause a driver to lose control of a car or motorcycle
- Malfunctioning traffic signals, roadway debris and other unsafe conditions not addressed in a timely manner by responsible public authorities such as the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development or an individual parish