Partnership & Case Types
Attorney Referral ServiceDodson & Hooks, APLC frequently accepts referrals and partnership arrangements from our colleagues in Louisiana, throughout the United States, and across the globe. While our Baton Rouge-based firm concentrates primarily on personal injury cases throughout Louisiana, we are also sought-out internationally for our specific experience in maritime law and other areas of practice.
Our team offers litigation support to sole practitioners and small law firms that cannot spare the extensive resources, time and financial investment to effectively manage a large, complex case. We also assist attorneys who have been confronted with a maritime law or personal injury litigation matter but concentrate in other areas of law. In addition, out-of-state and foreign attorneys have access to our local counsel in Louisiana.
Learn more about the types of cases we accept through our Baton Rouge attorney referral service.
Our maritime law division is world-renowned. We assist seafarers in injury and wage cases across the globe. Our maritime attorneys litigate Jones Act claims to recover the maximum possible damages for seamen injured while working or living on vessels in the open seas and at worldwide ports. Our senior partner, Richard Dodson, was one of the first attorneys to focus on international maritime personal injury claims. He also remains one of the few admiralty lawyers to pursue collection of unpaid wages for crews working on foreign vessels.
Maritime Law Referrals
Our attorneys teach maritime courses at several law schools in Louisiana and regularly speak at conferences on maritime subjects. Our multilingual legal team and translators effectively communicate complex issues about maritime laws with our international clients and referring attorneys. Our 24-hour multilingual phone service and international correspondents make our firm conveniently accessible from wherever you are in the world.
Our firm has substantial experience and tools to successfully handle complex litigation, class action, and multidistrict litigation cases. Throughout the years of litigating PI claims, we have refined our investigative and trial preparation processes. We have also developed professional relationships with a number of engineering, medical, maritime and environmental experts who we consult when necessary.
Personal Injury Referrals
You can partner with us on such personal injury claims as:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – involving drunk drivers, distracted drivers, cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, SUVs, recreational vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians
- Medical Malpractice – such as neonatal and birth injuries, misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication mistakes, nursing home negligence, hospital-acquired infections, psychiatric malpractice, and dental malpractice
- Catastrophic Injury – including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, burns, amputations, disfigurement and hearing, and vision loss
- Construction Accidents – for example, falls from height, being hit by falling objects, scaffolding failure, wall collapse, heavy equipment accidents, electrocution, explosion, fire and chemical spills
- Oilrig Accidents – such as oilrig explosions, refinery negligence, petrochemical accidents, oil refinery accidents, oilfield contamination, and BP Deepwater Horizon claims
- Mesothelioma Claims — that arise from workplace exposure to asbestos