Neonatal and Childhood Injuries
Baton Rouge Neonatal and Childhood Injury AttorneysA neonatal injury can cause a lifelong medical issue that does not necessarily shorten a life span, but may instead cause the need for unbearably expensive lifelong medical care, treatment, and other financial compensation.
At Dodson & Hooks, APLC, we are firm believers that a child’s life is not worth less than a wage-earning adult’s but may be worth more because of the child’s added years of life. An injured 60-year-old may have 20 years to live with the need for medical treatment. An injured child may need medical treatment for three times that long. A birth injury may cause brain damage, cerebral palsy or other lifelong conditions.
A neonatal or birth injury is an emotional issue for all involved. Our lawyers at Dodson & Hooks, APLC have the compassion, experience, and resources to seek settlements or bring these cases to trial, appeal and the United States Supreme Court, if necessary. We have an on-staff physician available for client assistance and for a free case analysis if needed.
Please contact our law office for a free initial consultation regarding any of the following issues:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Medical devices
- Nursing home negligence
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Brachial plexus palsy
- Caput succedaneum (scalp swelling)
- Cephalohematoma (blood accumulation in the brain)
- Cerebral palsy
- Facial paralysis
- Birth injuries and defective delivery
- Forceps lacerations and bruising
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage (broken blood vessel in the eye)
At Dodson & Hooks, APLC our Baton Rouge childhood injury attorneys have experience with the full range of issues that adversely affect children. We not only work to obtain maximum compensation for a childhood injury, we also work to protect a child’s assets once we obtain a settlement or judgment in favor of a child. We work to obtain lifetime compensation and also assist clients to set up trusts and other financial vehicles to protect a child’s future.
Advocacy for Children in Personal Injury Litigation
The more serious the injury, the more a child will need lifelong compensation. Please contact our law office for a free initial consultation regarding any of the following issues:
- Sports injuries – Litigation against schools or other institutions for cheerleader accidents and other sports injuries
- Premises liability injuries – Litigation against property owners for serious slip-and-fall accidents, falling object injuries, unsafe conditions
- Product liability injuries – Litigation against manufacturers for unsafe or defective products, misleading or missing warning labels and other product defects
- Wrongful death – Litigation for drowning victims, fatalities due to falls or massive burns, shipping, vessels, electrocutions, flash fires and other causes