Types of Truck Accidents
Representation Throughout Louisiana: Truck Accident Attorneys
The reasons injuries are often life-changing or fatal when a big-rig collides with an ordinary passenger vehicle are clear. Loaded semis, tractor-trailers, refrigerated trucks and construction vehicles can weigh up to 50 tons, and their sheer size and force almost guarantee destruction of any other vehicle in a crash.
The causes of specific trucking accidents are more difficult to untangle. Upon thorough investigation, a high percentage of truck accidents are related to driver fatigue, driver error or violations of an array of state and federal trucking regulations. After any serious or fatal crash in Louisiana, you can turn to Dodson & Hooks, APLC for counsel and representation.
Our team has decades of experience negotiating commercial vehicle accident settlements and litigating claims in the civil courts. We advocate on your behalf for justice against the large trucking corporations and their insurance companies. From the moment we take your case, our truck accident attorneys have one goal in mind — recovering the maximum possible damages.
Extensive Knowledge of Truck Accident Causes and Regulatory Violations
Trucking companies and their insurers are extremely aggressive in efforts to minimize liability after injury-causing accidents. The chaos at 18-wheeler crash sites and other factors can make investigation extremely challenging. Not all personal injury attorneys have the knowledge or access to experts to handle litigation involving:
- Fatal truck accidents that justify wrongful death claims
- 18-wheeler accidents on Louisiana streets and highways
- Jackknife and rollover trucking accidents caused by overloaded trailers and unbalanced loads
- Driver fatigue and sleeplessness in violation of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules
- A driver who operates her or his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, illegal narcotics, over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs
- A driver’s use of an electronic device to talk on the phone, text, email or surf the Internet in violation of FMCSA regulations
- Other distracted driving activities, such as eating, drinking, grooming, fiddling with the radio, reading a GPS system or reaching for an object
- A transport company’s failure to perform critical truck maintenance that can result in tire blowout, brake malfunction and other dangerous incidents
- A municipality’s negligence, including defective highway design, missing signs, broken streetlights and damaged road surfaces
- A construction company’s road debris litter or negligent set up of a construction zone
Call a Proven Louisiana Law Firm Focused on Serious Injury Claims
The attorneys at Dodson & Hooks, APLC, have built an outstanding reputation for caring client service as well as an ability to win significant settlements and trial verdicts. After any trucking accident resulting in catastrophic injuries or the loss of a loved one, we want you to have the devoted, serious representation you need to get your life back on track. We consciously limit our caseloads to deliver the utmost in focused effort for each client we serve.
If you have been victimized by a reckless truck driver or hurt in a crash for which the cause is unclear, contact our truck accident attorneys as soon as possible at 225-756-0222 or by completing our online form. Your initial consultation is free.