Defective Highway Design
Experienced, Dedicated Louisiana Highway Crash Attorneys
Media attention to our deteriorating infrastructure across the United States — with roads and streets in disrepair, unsafe bridges and construction projects on hold for financing — is extremely relevant for Louisiana citizens and visitors. Upon investigation, many serious roadway accidents are attributed not solely to driver errors or negligence but to fundamentally unsafe roadways.
Motor vehicle accidents that cause life-changing injuries and tragic fatalities demand serious and thorough investigation. When a highway design or maintenance issue arises as a possible cause, the case is very likely to require professional accident reconstruction, expert engineering testimony and the utmost in litigation skills.
Was Your Serious Accident Caused by Defective Road Design or Construction?
At Dodson & Hooks, APLC, our Baton Rouge highway accident attorneys have the knowledge and resources to aggressively pursue your case involving defective conditions such as:
- Inadequate or improper warning signs and other roadway signage
- Fundamentally unsafe highway curves, grades and inclines
- The lack of necessary guardrails or other safety barriers
- Improperly posted or managed construction zones
- Paving defects including massive potholes that can cause a driver to lose control of a car or motorcycle
- Malfunctioning traffic signals, roadway debris and other unsafe conditions not addressed in a timely manner by responsible public authorities such as the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development or an individual parish
Dedicated, Comprehensive Representation by a Trial-Proven Law Firm
Our firm’s car accident case experience extends across the spectrum of serious crashes, including many resulting in brain damage, spinal injuries and other life-changing outcomes. We have in-depth knowledge of requirements for successfully pursuing a claim or lawsuit against a public entity, and our overall firm resources enable us to take complex cases through trial if needed to serve our clients’ interests.
To Get a Knowledgeable Lawyer Involved, Call 225-756-0222
If you know or believe a highway defect or other form or negligence caused your accident near Baton Rouge, Port Allen, New Orleans or elsewhere in Louisiana, please contact our firm as soon as possible. We strive to provide the utmost in responsiveness and personal attention, and you can count on an honest, clear assessment of your legal rights and options.